Sunday, May 22, 2005

The Wedding


Hello Everyone! I thought I would pick up where we saw you all last - at the wedding. I, of course, had a lovely time - but then again, it was my wedding. We got married May 22, 2005 at Royal Lane Baptist in Dallas. Afterwards, the reception was held at Adam's Mark downtown, in the Chapparal Room. Like all weddings, it definitely had its problems, such as poor Mom's candle and wallet incident, which kept them from the reception so long my wonderful step-dad, Lew, didn't get to read his prayer. View it here. Also, I couldn't find the music for our first dance! We ended up randomly picking something in the elevator on the way up. Oh well - but the original song is really beautiful- please listen to it here.

Other than that, it was a wonderful night of time with friends and family and they celebrated with David and I. It was such a joy to see so many come from so far just for us. We are truly blessed by all of you - thanks to my family, Grandmother Millie, Krysten Ivy, the Kings, and everyone else for making the trip! It really is the people, not the material things, of the wedding that make it special. There are many things that stand out - I don't think I'll ever forget turning around to see my grandmom in the middle of the dance floor, tearing it up. Thanks to my Mom, the orchestrated of the whole shebang, who nearly drove herself insane making sure it was a wonderful day for us - and she did a great job. Thanks Mom!

Well, I'm not sure what else to tell you - it was a wedding; there was cake, flowers, garters, the white dress, etc. I hope all of you who came had a great time.

Now get ready for a bunch of pictures - although I narrowed it down to 15 from 896, so that's not too bad.


















No comments: