Saturday, September 22, 2007

And This Completes the 2nd Triology of Crap



Nothing says 'Domestic Violence' quite like a black eye.

The day of the 2nd robbing we headed down to Houston to visit a bunch of friends from college we hadn't seen in a while before we head off to Oahu. Imagine my joy when the first morning there, my looks got enhanced by an elbow to the face. In his defense, he really didn't know what he was doing. My friend's bed is against the wall, and I was trying to crawl over David without waking him up - which turned out to be a bad idea, as he has also decided that would be a good time to wake up, and I caught an elbow on my left eye.

We actually had a breakfast date with some friends, and while I thought that they were paying so much attention to me was because of my sparkling conversation, in actuality it was probably just amusing to watch my face change colors.


We spent the remainder of the weekend getting stared down by people who squinted at us while they tried to decide if they should call Social Services or something. I felt like making a sign that said "He Doesn't Beat Me" but then I might as well just go down to the Social Services office myself.

Otherwise it was a great weekend, thanks so much to Jen for her awesome hospitality. I am so lucky to have her as a friend. At this point, it is just fun to see the incredulous looks on people's faces when I give them the update on what misery had befallen me that day. As I have heard many times, things come in threes, so hopefully it is all over for me.

Of course, that is what they said earlier this summer when I had three crappy things happen to me at once. Maybe we will have three sets of three before it is all said and done.

I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Jen Lewis said...

Haha... Thanks again for coming to visit. It was so good to see you and David! And for anyone who questions why my bed is against the wall... It is just for me. I don't normally have two people in it so I don't need it to be in the middle of the room... But I see why married people have their beds in the middle of the room... Sorry Tiffany!

I am going to miss you guys so much but I can't wait to hear all about Hawaii and I can't wait to come and see you! You bless me!