Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Vacation! Like, a Real One.




 People, David and I took this vacation back in SEPTEMBER, 2011.

I don't know what the phrase 'in a timely manner' means. 

 So, screw it.   Pictures only. Besides, if I have to attempt to write something clever, it would probably be another 3 months or something.  I think I'm going to let the pictures do the talking and just worry about some captions.

At least until the very end, in which case there was MAYHEM that deserves a story.  Which of course needs some serious gesturing, but you can't see those.

Also, Court gave me her pics of the trip, of which there were 2,500!!! Those took a while to go through.



Set up: 10 day vacation with my sis, Courtney, and her husband, Paul, to Oregon/Canada

 

I am not a morning person - the current time on this photo was 4 AM bc my sister is crazy and has to be at the airport with enough time to spare just in case we have to walk the whole way.

I am waking up and scaring people with my no-makeup status

Opposite of waking up - cot time.

David's turn on the cot. Paul is jealous
Bro Love Cot Snuggle


This is proof that my sister is crazy - she took 5 PHOTOS of this plane insert bc we thought it was mildly humorous.

Me, correctly mocking Court for the future masses of pictures I know will be taken - this is as we got to the airport in OR.

First stop - Sequim! Really cute small town, sadly also really close to Forks, so there was Twilight crap EVERYWHERE.

We stayed at maybe the sweetest, neatest B&B ever, run by the cutest couple. You'll see.

Walking the ground from the parking area

Cute personal touches everywhere.

Main house and garden


This is where we stayed - the Tack Room! It was awesome, SMELLED FAINTLY LIKE LEATHER, I loved it.
Our room upstairs. We had the whole little building to ourselves.

Side View of the main house from their wildflower beds

I might have gotten a little crazy with taking too many pictures myself, maybe Court was rubbing off on me.  But the place was so pretty!

This is the outdoor dining area - complete with a BBQ grill and anything you'll need to cook out.
Court and Paul stayed in another building, and they had actually been there before, so the owners wrote them a little welcome note.

Love this half door.


That little building is actually the bathroom - too cute!


Bathroom.
Hanging out in the hammock by our place.


They built all the structures on the property themselves - this was a quaint outdoor chapel

The Saloon is really a place to hang out, play games. The boys found some axes and manly things...heaven help us.


Love the facial expressions
I guess that wore them out

Inside - later we found out that little stove can turn the place into a sauna
There was a great old-timey Victrola that still worked - plays records from like the 30s. Boys decided an impromptu dance party was in order.



Looking out across the grounds

Boys put those axes to work for that night's bonfire

A real barn! Which means.....
PONIES!! Yes, please!

I had to pet them, naturally.

There were fresh flowers from their wildflower gardens EVERYWHERE

Another view of the pavilion - love the hanging windows


Lavender growing nearby

They also had a veggie garden, with lots of blueberries!

While wandering, we found an apple tree...with apples

You know we picked and ate those.

I feel like my mom would like this sign

One of the few pics with a ranch dogs in it - she is actually trained to hunt cougars, and has a broken nose from a fight with one back in the day. Crazy. My dogs are scared of possums.

The boys continue to capture their childhood innocence

You have just GOT to zoom in on this pic to see their faces. Priceless.

Who knows what I am doing here.

Here, Paul and I are pretending to be neighbors.

Court's place


Aww, love this pic
Setting up for dinner

Trying out the chairs around the firepit



Another view of the grounds

Heading in to 'town' to hit up the local market for dinner stuff

Court showing off our ridiculously large salmon filet




Cooking ensued
So did eating

Again, what am I doing? I find myself asking this question often.
So pretty when lit up at night.
The owners joined as that night around a campfire to tell stories.  It was good times.


No comments: