Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Apocalypse Cometh

Still trying to catch up, and I've given up on doing things in order, so here they are as I write them...

Feb 2011

Snow! In Texas! And lots of it. Naturally, the entire city became paralyzed as we all wandered outdoors in our too-thin coats and tennis shoes (which became soaked immediately) to touch and hoot at the strange white stuff like Neanderthals.

Once we had completed this ritual, we decided to let the dogs out in it because it wasn’t like there was traffic or anything – everyone was staying at home.

Lily

Somewhere down there is the street....


Koa stood nice and still while I dumped snow on his face so I could take this picture. He was obedient, but not amused.



Koa LOVES the snow. Or quite possibly he just loves and excuse to run around like a moron. Either way, it was entertaining for us.


Lily quickly adapted her lets-eat-the-sand-clump game from the beach to eating snowballs instead. Except now Koa exists, and he kept photo-bombing her which pissed Lily off to no end. She decided to a lightly reprimand him several times by attempting to rip out his jugular.

Perfect shot! Go me.

Lily does not trust Koa. Attack is always imminent.


Snow angels! You'll have to trust me on this one.

Me! Hi.

It's not a good sign when icicles form on both sides of your gutter. Although, who are we to throw stones -we don't even have gutters.

The best part were the icicles. Huge, arctic-worthy ones.


David is Wolverine, in case you were wondering what the heck was going on here.

Ha! I love this picture. That is one big icicle.

We were having fun taking dorky pictures until David decided he wanted to take one where I was stabbing him. It seemed reasonable at the time, but now that I’ve written the words I feel like that is very weird and we possibly need counseling.

It's getting tempting to actually go through with the stabbing.....

Anyway, what started as some goofy fun quickly changed into frustration as David made me take the picture over and over and over and I began to consider actually stabbing him. That facial expression is not faked, people.

David, Ninja Sensei, giving the dogs a lesson

We had a good time staying in, drinking our weight in hot chocolate and homemade marshmallows (yum), and I was more than happy not to go to school for a week.

No comments: