Friday, June 24, 2011

Back to the Future

So! It’s been a year. Or two. Life is a lot more boring when you no longer live in paradise. Not that Texas isn’t paradise! Please put away your shotguns. Thank you.

Things have probably happened that would make good stories, but let’s not pretend – now that I am nearing 30, my mind is going and I don’t remember any of them. Quick update:

- We bought another dog
- We bought a house
- I started working as a waitress
- I stopped working as a waitress
- I finally graduated college with a Biology degree and Chem minor
- I got a big girl job at North American ENT, where I am currently enjoying wearing tailored shirts instead of bowling shirts.
- At some point I morphed into a 50 year old woman, who is now vastly concerned with the state of her garden, birds and butterflies, much more so that what is going on with domestic or foreign policy.
- Also, we now live at Home Depot and/or Lowes. Owning a home will do that to you.

And there you have it. I will probably be posting pics from the last year or two to remind myself of the horror of laying sod, our new puppy, as well as chronicling our descent into modern-day hippies, with our earth-loving ways and whatnot. We will probably be required to move to Oregon at some point where we can fit in with ‘our kind’ – this will probably happen when our elderly neighbors are driven to murder attempts due to the noise from our chickens. Although, I do draw the line at wearing hemp-related items.

Hopefully now that I am no longer actively putting us in a giant debt-hole and my weekends are free we will have some fun things to post from time to time too. If it gets too boring, we’ll have to go to some state where the ground isn’t flat and I have the chance to trip/twist my ankle/fall over some cliff somewhere.

Finally, I will subject you all to our home-related projects, which, somewhat sadly, will probably not be humorous because David’s usually in charge, and he does things right the first time – bloopers are pretty rare. I suppose that's a good thing. He does projects, I'll probably start back up with the food experiments.

All in all, I guess I’m going to have to start getting some intelligent insights to write down, now that I can’t rely on pure environmental entertainment. Drat.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Well, if Texas kicks you out for your hippy-ish ways, we may have to join you in Oregon. We four can buy a farm and raise all our little rugrats on the Dyer/Martin commune, chickens and all!