Saturday, June 11, 2005

Moving Day


Today we moved into our new place, which I absolutely love. It is right south on the south tip of White Rock Lake, has a huge field across the street, and lots of trails. It’s a great floor plan, not a box, with a kitchen that isn’t a hallway. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still minuscule, and I’m sure that I will expand to other rooms while baking, much to David’s chagrin. We live on the third floor, so moving was great. And by great, I mean awful. It was just us for most of the time, although our awesome friends, Katrina and Simon helped one day. We are forever grateful. As we were sitting around in the chaos of our living room, we vowed to make many friends, for the sole purpose of being future movers. David’s family was in town, so they came to see our place, sitting on random boxes that were stacked everywhere. Not much to see, but it was nice of them to come over. That night David and I went downstairs to chill out in the courtyard – every building is built like a U, with a courtyard in the middle, and they have strung lights across the space. It’s really great, and one of the reasons we chose this place to begin with. I can’t wait until winter, when we can use the giant outdoor fireplace.

No comments: