Monday, December 19, 2005

Deck the Halls












Christmas! I love Christmas – I’m one of those people that really get into it. I used to love coming home from school in December – when we left, it would be regular boring house. When we got home, it would be CHRSITMAS! It was great. The best part were the bowls with the Christmas M&Ms in them. Thus, David was a little confused when I would make us randomly stop at stores to look for those red and green M&Ms – for some reason I never found them, but not for lack of trying. David isn’t really big on Christmas, so he really did a good job of humoring me as I went crazy decorating the house, buying oldies Christmas music (Gotta have my Dean Martin!), looking for M&Ms, and contemplating carving my own shepards when I couldn’t find any to match my re-vamped nativity scene. He quietly endured it all, with the occasional “What did you get a Hobby Lobby for $85?!” thrown in.

Prior to our marriage we had the live vs. fake tree discussion. I told him it was a make or break thing for me – so this year David had his first real Christmas tree. We got in the car and headed up north to a Christmas tree farm to pick it out. After sipping our hot cocoa (cider for David) we jumped on the tractor and they took us out to the field to pick our tree. Naturally, our 5 year-old selves kicked in, and we jumped off the tractor to get to the good trees before all those other families got their first. Luckily, most of them had small children to slow them down. So, dashing through the trees, we eventually picked one out, which David proceeded to cut down and CARRY, because he didn’t want to mess up the branches. How cute. We took it home on my little Corolla (“Tiffany, it’s going to fall off!”) and put it up in our living room. It was so pretty – thanks to mom’s gift of a bunch of cool ornaments, we had the best tree in the building.

No comments: