Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Today I'm 24





It’s my birthday, so I get to brag on my husband. As luck would have it, David was out in West Texas measuring oil drums on the day of my birthday, which was a Wednesday this year. He got special permission to fly back Wednesday night, and then fly back the next morning. He said he wasn’t going to miss my first birthday as my husband. Isn’t he sweet? So, naturally, it was the coldest day of winter, and was actually kinda snowing the day he was supposed to fly in. He came anyway, and we drove very slowly to dinner at this great restaurant, whose name escapes me at the moment. After that we went home and decorated the Christmas tree and listened to carols by the fire. We had my real Birthday Day of Fun that Saturday – he took me to the zoo (yay!), dinner, and a movie, which was a real sacrifice for David, since he had so much work and studying to catch up on. Is it weird that I still really like going to the zoo? It was like us and a bunch of 8 year olds, basically. At least I could see over all their heads. But I don’t care – we had fun trying to get this cougar to attack us. But apparently he wanted to guy with the small child behind us instead. Still entertaining.
David got to commune with a gorilla, as you can see above, which is one of the few shots I got before my camera pooped out. I had a great day – he even let me go to a girlie movie. So I was very well taken care of on my b-day – thanks for all the calls, everyone!

No comments: