Sunday, May 07, 2006

Bible Study




My old bible study leader and husband-finder, Katrina, called me up one day and invited me to join a bible study she was leading. Glad to have some fellowship again, I started going on Tuesday nights. What a fun group of girls! It felt so good to be in the word again, which had lapsed in absence of a church home. There’s Katrina, who was my first bible study leader, and her co-lead, Alison. Andie has this great energy and is so easy to talk to – just don’t get her started on basketball. She loves it and Long John Silvers equally. Emily is in an eternal good mood, and very encouraging – she also works with Andie at Neiman’s. Rachel actually was in college with David, and she is an accountant at KPMG. She and I have a lot in common, and we started meeting every Sunday evening at Barnes and Noble, usually until they took our chairs away. I really enjoyed our talks – it is fun speaking with someone who can relate to the reasons behind what you do. Alana and Kristin joined our group later – Alana is a dental student, and Kristin just moved up from College Station. Let’s not forget Carsen, our honorary group member, and Katrina’s new baby. On the same vein, Alison's new kitten, Chester, is our mascot. We play a lot of the 'Try to Attack Carsen' game. They’re a great group, who are open and honest with each other, and I am really looking forward to hanging out and growing with them for as long as they’ll have me.

No comments: