Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Lord Giveth….


So on Nov 1st, the Lord decided to reach down and bless me by answering my increasingly desperate prayers all at once. On this wonderful day, I received not only a place to live that just happened to open up across the street from my sister in a neighborhood that has no openings (that's a pic of her house from my front door!), but He also bestowed upon me A Job. I might seem to be poking fun, but I seriously believe God had a hand in my housing situation. Everything just seemed to work out to the best degree possible.


After realizing that lots of money will only get you a shack in someone’s backyard (seriously) we decided that we might need to Go Outside Our Price Range. Even then, I was literally starting to rip my hair out and stress on a previously Courtney-only level. (Sorry Court – I love you! But you know it’s true. :)) I was certain we were going to live in a scary hole of a place and no one would visit us, not that I would blame them. I was even asking Paul to off or otherwise use his policing-powers to get someone kicked out of his subdivision. Then we stumbled upon the idea of Going Way Outside Your Price Range. So now we live in a freaking awesome place that is so kick-ass I can’t even find the words. I feel like I should post all the absolute Ghetto-Fabulous pictures of places that were only mildly too expensive so you can fully understand the awesomeness of this place. I am so excited about this I reverted back to the ‘80s for a minute there. TOTALLY RADICAL! Or was that the early 90s? Maybe it was TOTALLY TUBULAR!
Or something.
I dunno, I was a dork for a reason, people.

Were we in Dallas, the apt. would be nice, but out here it is A Palace. 2 bed / 2 bath! Seriously, once I was walking out the door to go look at a place only to be stopped by Paul, whose reaction when I told him where I was going was, “NO! You cannot live there.” Apparently he used to get called out to that complex all the time when he was on patrol. Nice.

Anyway, so now we have an awesome place and you have no excuse not to come visit. We live on a resort, so you can always stay in the hotel nearby if you would like. As Court puts it: ‘Resort living, ramen eating.’ Hmm, it sounds much wittier when she says it. Anyway, here is the website to the resort: http://www.koolina.com/ . I’ll post some pictures when we actually have moved our stuff in. Right now it holds a phone book, a couch, and a leaky airbed. Not exactly Better Homes and Gardens.

My Office!

Once we had an idea what our rent might be, I was impressed heavily with the need to find a job IMMEDIATELY. I went around for a little while, and then got hired at my first interview at Pueo Group Contracting, which was great. It is downtown, next to David’s building, and across the street from the harbor where I get dropped off in the morning. Nice. It is a contracting company (mainly with the government) and is part of the Native Hawaiian Economic Alliance, which means there are lots of Native Hawaiian employees. I really feel like I need to get a tan so I can at least fake it. Right now I am totally Uber-Whitey. It is a small office, but everyone is very nice. As for my job title, it is something like Office assistantadvertisingpressagenteverythinggirl. I even got to meet with a senator to show her some advertising thing I made to get her approval. I am all kinds of connected out here now. They are sending me out to Kauai for a few days to help secure some subcontractors for a job or something – I’m still not sure what they actually expect me to do. That should be interesting.

Thus, we are all squared away now. If only I had something to put in my house, or to wear to work….

Here are some pictures of David's office, right across the street from mine.

No comments: