Thursday, August 04, 2011

I'm Officially Intelligent, Finally

May 2011

Look! On the stage! It's me, miraculously not falling down. Even more miraculously, finally getting my degree.

So I am finally a college graduate - I ended up with Biology and a Chemistry minor. I am a HUGE hit at parties. I can put the whole room to sleep in about 11 minutes.

At least I can finally hold my head high in the Dyer clan. They have never made me feel badly about weakening the gene pool, but they are all such darn overachievers, I am afraid if I don't do something like cure cancer, I am always going to be lost in the background.

That is a lot of people. Sorry, family! Since I have been upgraded to 'D' from my previous 'W' I had the joy of walking within the first five minutes, and then spent the rest of my time trying to locate my family. It took a while, but eventually I realized I just need to find my Dad - bless his heart, he's so tall with white hair, it's like looking for a giant q-tip.

I found them right away.

Love you Dad!
Mom is so proud!

It was a great excuse to make my sister drive down and spend the weekend with us.

Someday we are going to live next door again - I can't wait.

Family! My mom ran out after I walked to stage to get my party together. Bless that woman, it was not easy. My last final was on Friday, and then I walked the stage Sat. This means I had not cleaned my house in several weeks, and I was basically no help whatsoever.

Lots of people came to celebrate with me, although I don't think I actually took pictures of anyone. So, in place of those:


Since I am so old and don't really need Things anymore, I asked for flowers if anyone wanted to bring me a graduation present. Check out this haul! It was very exciting.

I used them to surround the birdbath my mom got me - Love it. When it came in the mail I was so excited I ran outside to put it together, and this happened:



Oh well, here's my favorite - a double-bloom hydrangea. I have to add something to the soil to turn it blue.
Plants!

So, now I can truly enter adulthood and go get rejected from a lot of job applications. It should be a fun time.



1 comment:

Courtney said...

You must not have copies of my photos from your graduation, because there are some key ones that would've made it to the blog (like us screaming at your little nephew). Remind me to give them to you when we get together in a couple weeks!