Monday, August 18, 2008

Midlife Crisis

Say hello to my dad's Midlife Crisis.



Honestly, I expected this kind of crap from my mom, so it was a real surprise when Dad pulled into the driveway with a giant Harley. He actually got it a while ago, before David and I moved over to Hawaii. I guess that faced with the fact that both of his children will live too far away to harass him, he needed to find something else to replace us that required lots of time, could possibly upset him greatly by getting in a wreck, and sucked the life out of his wallet. Perfect!




Actually, dad has had a lot of fun road-tripping on his 'hog'. Just look at him. He's so cute. Kinda dorky, which makes sense, as Court and I are such nerds ourselves. At least we come by it honestly. I'm just glad he's huge so no one will mess with him at biker bars.


Dad's possible biker-clan names:


Jolly Green Giant
Twiggy
Killer (from that time he dropped it on Diane and fractured her leg)


Ok, so I'm not really good at picking out macho names. But I amused myself for at least 15 minutes trying (in vain) to think up something funny, and imagining him in a biker gang. When my inner thug would’t come out to play, I got desperate and even looked up one of those Internet biker nickname-generator things, which is where I got this one:

LIGHT LESTER NO PANTS


The Internet is a weird place.




To be fair, it really isn't that much of a midlife crisis - Dad has been having a great time, and getting lots of use out of the bike. It's great to see him enjoying himself so much.


Sorry dad, it's just funnier expressed this way.

No comments: