Tuesday, August 05, 2008

An Assumed Vacation

Well, after entreaties to both David and Stephen to write regarding Stephen's visit failed, you all are stuck with me, who was not around for most of it, and I'm kind of fuzzy on the details, since he came around 3months ago. Whoops. I'm a little behind. So here goes - their vacation as I remember hearing about it.

Stephen is the first of David's siblings to come visit, and we were very excited to have him. I don't get much vacation, so I worked during the week, turning the boys loose on the island. Sitting in the office, I had way too much time on my hands to obsess about the weather. At the start of his trip, it was both raining and very voggy, so I was a bit upset with nature. In a (well-meaning) attempt to find the boys some sunlight, I actually made a chart showing when it would be sunny where on the island. A dormant OCD trait had reared its ugly head. I have vague recollections of badgering David about it, and at the same time, my normal, rational side was viewing the whole thing from afar, wondering what the heck I was doing.

Luckily, the Dyer boys are immune to any kind of badgering, so they shrugged it off and had fun their own way. They did things - now a year later, I'm having issues remembering what. They went water skiing on the North Shore, hiked out to Kaena Point, went spearfishing, kayaked out to the islands, and did other stuff I'm sure I can't remember. We were so excited to have him.




































No comments: