Friday, February 24, 2012

Amy's Baby Shower


Ok, so this is a baby shower I threw for my good friend Amy, who has long since actually given birth to her sweet kiddo, Bennett. I don't understand what 'posting in a timely manner' means. This is her third child, but I was in Hawaii and didn't get to throw her a shower the first time around, so I'm making up for lost time, here.  So.. Diaper shower! You can never had too many of those things lying around, I hear.

This was a lot of fun, although next time I will do less planning and a lot more doing before 6pm the night before. I was literally lugging my couch into the front room and throwing the cushions on it, haphazardly, as Amy was walking up my sidewalk. 

I have issues.

But I think it came off well!  Unfortunately, my camera crapped out, and since I was finishing it up as guests were arriving, I didn't get to take all the fun beofre pictures I wanted to, and had to use my phone camera for most of these. Drat!


Entry!

I decided to go with a bird theme. I have no idea why.

Each guest got a packet with goodies for them and for Amy when they got there

Food Table!  Yes I did make that tablecloth myself, thank you! David saw me doing this and was like, "You are just going to use this once, for like 2 hours, right?" I gave him the death stare and he wisely moved off to another room with no further comments.

I was actually pretty proud of the lanterns/balloons/tissue balls ensemble I've got going here.

Advice and well wishes tree!  Guests pinned their submissions to the branches

'Advice and well wishes for the new mom of three'

Some fun examples





Close up - the light fixture was taken over
Flowers - I love hydrangeas
Fun baby pennant I made - go go gadget glue gun!  What would I do without that thing...

Guests arrive

View of cake/table.

Hi little one! See you soon!

Cake topper

More pennants and people action

Man, I have a lot of pictures of the same things up here

Amy and her mom and sister

Amy and me!



Me with my surrogate summer family when I was in high school!
One of the things inside the package as diapers with a pen to write Amy a note to cheer her up on those 3 am diaper changes!




No comments: