Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hello Kitty Needs Prozac

The advertising industry here is kind of a joke - you can always tell when a local commercial is on, because it looks like it was shot by a junior high student. I work right by a mall, so I am exposed to lots of...randomness. This Valentine's Day selling season was no different.


The first thing that made me stop in my tracks was a giant GIANT heart hanging in the window of a very nice store (Burberry? Or something like it. I forget) made entirely of red condoms. CONDOMS, people. I kept swearing I was going to go back and take a picture, but I could never remember to bring my camera.


However, I did get a picture of the extreme weirdness I saw while walking by the Apple store on my way back from lunch around V-day. Behold:



What the crap is going on here? Is that a shirtless guy in a Darth Kitty costume being paid to stand in that store? Love the tassels.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing surprises me about the weirdness in Hawaii anymore.